Friday, October 30, 2009

Samsung PN50A550 Amazon came through...big time

Let me start of by making some of you feel a little better about buying a major purchase online. I was very skeptical about having this delivered safe and on-time, but the $400+ I was saving from BB, CC & other local retailers was enough to swing me. I bought my PN50A550 from Amazon on Wed. 4/16 for $1849.98. CEVA had picked it up by the end of the day and had it on its way to me.
I called CEVA on Friday 4/18 at about 4:00pm and they told me the TV had arrived on the dock that morning. I'm not sure when they had planned on calling me to sched. delivery, but since they were more than friendly I ignored that minor gripe. They offered to deliver it Saturday, but my sched. was full, so i opted for Monday b/n 11-3.
Sure enough they arrived at 11:01, carried it in my house, unpacked it, took the time to set it up, make sure everything worked and was in good condition and could not have left me happier.
Since DirecTV never showed up the same day for their dish and receiver upgrade, I cannot comment on the HD picture as of yet, but i will be sure to post my views on the TV once they do. SD looks better than expected though; for what it's worth. And the set-up menu is easy to navigate and very descriptive. The remote has large buttons that all illuminate and the manual is very well written. It has everything you should need to know and not a lot of what you dont.
One more thing...since i placed my order, Amazon has twice since lowered their price. However, i simply called in to their C.S. and they were more than happy to credit my the difference both times. I believe i have 90days that they will protect their price. Thank you Amazon...you definately came through with flying colors.

**ok, HD finally hooked up and the picture quality is MIND BLOWING! Spent hrs watching discovery and animal planet. Can't wait to get ps3, although I can't imagine being much happier.
Stop shopping right now...trust me, you will be happy with this plasma! Plenty of settings available if you are in to tweeeking the pq. Blacks are exactly what i was looking for. No IR, loud noises or extreme heat. The sound is good enough that you don't notice they are TV speakers. Using the CNet settings, although movie mode is pretty close out of the box. Honestly, the only complaint i have is that i waited as long as i did to decide on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment